It has been two months since schools closed down in Tanzania due to Covid-19. Children from privileged backgrounds have continued with their studies online, with little to no interruption while children in public schools and rural areas are on a forced learning hiatus.
Schools may soon be opened in the next month or so but the probability of classroom teaching remaining the same is highly unlikely. Using technology to teach can no longer be avoided. It will also no longer be just an option. Unfortunately, our teachers are not prepared nor equipped with the right skills and we just cannot sit around and wait for schools to be opened or for the crisis to end.
Education cannot wait. Our children cannot wait. Our teachers cannot wait. The future cannot wait.
EVERYTHING CANNOT WAIT. SO, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
We are going to train 1000 teachers in 3 months in our Teaching with Technology e-learning course and it will be FREE for primary and secondary school teachers.MyJobPass
We have opened a call for applications for our beginner course on Teaching with Technology. APPLY HERE.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The e-learning course is an 8-hour course delivered over a 3 day period in Swahili and English.
Upon completion of the course, learners should be able to :
- Understand key concepts of online teaching
- Apply best practices in online course design and delivery
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Teachers who teach primary and secondary schools students
- Female teachers, special education teachers, and public school teachers
- Teachers who at a minimum: have Whatsapp, can record an audio or a video on their phone, have an email address and can easily log in and out of an email address, can open MS Word, create a new document, type into it and save the document and can open do the same in MS Powerpoint
- Can read and write in English and/or Swahili and follow instructions.
- Corporate trainers, Universityor College Lecturers, Private School Teachers and Tutors who can pay for their training costs
Are you a teacher? Do you meet the application requirements? Click here to learn more about the course and then apply.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE ACCEPTED IN THE COURSE?
Once you are accepted in the course, you will receive an email and a call from MyJobPass Team. You will be required to submit proof of employment in a public school, primary school or secondary school, if you are applying for the free training.
For teachers who tutor, private school teachers, university or college lecturers and corporate trainers you will be required to pay Tsh 150,000. We have payment plans available.
We will start new cohorts every two weeks. The first cohort will be on June 1st then another on June 15th and another on June 29th.
Do you want to join the movement?
The goal is to get our children learning again and learning well. We would love all the help we can get whether it is to spread the word, jump on the training wagon, sponsor teachers or just push the message.
We want to do this well, do it big but most importantly acknowledge and thank everyone who supports us in getting our children to learn again. We can only do this, if we know who is involved and what you have done.
Email: [email protected] to learn more on how you can help and add your company or personal brand logo on the list of partners and supporters on the programme.EDUCATION CANNOT WAIT by MyJobPass